In News

14-year-old Scott Ogden battled the bruising from a high-side in race one to finish less than half a second from the podium in race two.

The young motorcycle racer from Belton now lies fourth in the championship standings in his first full year of British Moto3 racing.

Free Practice

Ogden used the free practice sessions to get used to the narrow Cadwell Park circuit and the tricky Mountain section of the course that often sees riders airborne. In the second of the 30-minute sessions, Ogden clocked the fifth fastest time with a 1:38.335.


The number 19 decided not to make any adjustments to the bike set-up from FP2 apart from putting on some new rubber for qualifying. After a series of laps in the mid to low 1:38s Ogden lapped a 1:37.449. By the end of qualifying, this was enough to place him seventh on the grid.

Motostar Cadwell Park Race One

In good conditions Ogden made a flying start gaining four places in the opening corners of the first lap and was running third. He slipped back to fifth in a closely fought battle before regaining one position in a frantic few laps at the beginning of the race. Unfortunately, Ogden made a small mistake a Mansfield on lap four. Getting on the gas a fraction too early he high-sided and crashed out of the race.

Motostar Cadwell Park Race Two

His best lap time from his short first race was enough to put him fifth on the grid for race two. Another good start saw Ogden third at the end of lap one. He was then overtaken dropping to fifth but was in the leading group.

Ogden was never far from the leading riders and was looking to make a move in the closing laps of the race. Unfortunately, a big crash between three other riders, with four laps to go brought out the red flag and his plans were foiled. He crossed the line fourth less than a second behind the race winner.

Scott Ogden said,” The weekend wasn’t too bad. I got a good start, I was third or fourth and stayed around there. I was trying to get third at Mansfield and I just accelerated too early and the rear end came round. Race two was a really good race. Thomas [Strudwick] passed me going down the main straight and then the front three got a gap. I closed it back in and planned in my head where I was going to pass them but then the red flag came out four laps before the end.

I just want to finish by saying thank you to Malton Laser, Allots Accountants, N Appleyard, PFR Motorsport, A18 Motorcycle Tyres, Premium Motorhomes, DC Butler Motorcycles and Agriwash UK, because without them I wouldn’t be racing.”